Minden Gross LLP is a well-respected mid-size law firm. We are large enough to offer firm members the support, training, and services available at larger firms while at the same time providing a warm and congenial working environment.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
Real Estate Clerk
We have an immediate opening for a Real Estate Clerk with 7-10 years’ experience.
As a Law Clerk in our Real Estate Group, you will be responsible for a wide variety of legal and administrative duties dealing with all aspects of condominium projects including acquisition of land, municipal applications and agreements, condominium formations, project sales, financing, due diligence and title matters, and individual purchases, from onset to completion, including reporting and accounting matters. This position works 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday to Friday, with frequent overtime.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Prepare all condominium closing documents, including Statement of Adjustments
- Review, analyze, verify, document, monitor, and report on due diligence for a transaction
- Prioritize and monitor the various components of the transaction
- Draft correspondence to clients, purchasers, solicitors, and financial institutions
- Prepare reporting letters and accounts to the clients
- Flag and anticipate potential problems and issues and communicate these issues to the attention of the Lawyer(s) in charge
- Complete the closing of a transaction including scheduling the closing, expediting matters where necessary to meet deadlines, coordinating the receipt of closing documentation and funds, reviewing and revising final closing documentation, conducting and analyzing final title searching requirements and completing the registration of documentation, problem solving and liaising with client and solicitor in charge, and negotiating escrow arrangements and undertakings
- Organize and maintain post-closing matters
- Bachelors or college degree required, with Law Clerk certification from a recognized program or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Experience handling occupancy closings and final closings of large scale residential and commercial condominium projects
- Strong knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, and terminology
- Thorough understanding of statutes, court decisions, ordinances, resolutions, and legal documentation
- Strong technical skills and proficient in Microsoft Office 2013, document management systems, and experience in Conveyancer and Teraview would be an asset
- Has exceptional written and communication skills; are organized and meticulous with follow-up and details; and are able to take initiative, prioritize, and multi-task
- Available for overtime as needed
If you take pride in the quality of your work, are client-service driven, and enjoy working in a fast paced team environment, we invite you to forward your resume, including your salary expectations, to our Manager of Human Resources, Lorisa Merlin at email@example.com. Please be certain to indicate “Real Estate Clerk" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Minden Gross LLP; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Minden Gross LLP is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We are always looking for new talent to expand our service to clients.
For lawyer positions, please submit your application to:
Patti MacDonald Maarse
Manager of Professional Talent and Development
For law student positions, please submit your application to:
The Student Committee
For law clerk, legal, and administrative staff positions, please submit your application to:
Manager of Human Resources