Jennifer is a Partner in our Wills and Estates Group. She guides clients through a range of general wills and estates matters, including will and probate planning, incapacity planning, estates and trust taxation, and estate administration. Jennifer has experience in cross-border and international estate planning for estates involving other jurisdictions.
Jennifer also has experience in succession planning for closely-held businesses and planning for individuals in complex family arrangements. Her clients include high-net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, business owners, and professionals.
Clients appreciate Jennifer for her unique, global approach to problem-solving. In her estate planning practice, Jennifer counsels Canadian and international clients, including those with assets in multiple jurisdictions, nationals and/or tax residents of jurisdictions other than Canada, and clients with beneficiaries in foreign jurisdictions. She handles complex estate and trusts issues for Canadian clients, as she navigates minute details of a situation while not losing sight of the larger picture.
Jennifer is truly passionate about estates and trusts law and enjoys writing and speaking about related topics. This has led her to become qualified as a Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) by the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP). She was recognized by her peers as One to Watch in Best Lawyers In Canada 2022.
When disconnected from work, Jennifer enjoys spending time with family and friends, baking, singing, and enjoying nature.
- English (fluent)
- Croatian (conversational)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Toronto - Vice Secretary, Co-Chair Event Coordination, and Director-at-Large
- Estate Planning Council of Mississauga
- Junior Trusts and Estates Practitioners (JTEP)
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners (CAGP)
- Ontario Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Law Executive – Member-at-Large (2021-present)
- Ontario Bar Association, Elder Law Section Executive – Technology Liaison (2019-2021)
- Ontario Bar Association, Elder Law Section Executive – Member-at-Large (2018-2019, 2021-present)
Awards and Achievements
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch – Trust and Estates Law, 2022
- Recipient of the Award for Highest Mark in Law of Trusts Course, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Canada, 2018
- Canadian Croatian Choral Society, Member