Zohar is a lawyer in our Securities and Capital Markets and Business Law Groups. Zohar joined Minden Gross from the Toronto offices of one of the world’s largest asset management companies, where he had roles in both the legal and investment compliance departments and worked closely with the capital markets team. Prior to that, he was a member of the securities and business law groups of a leading Canadian law firm. Zohar’s practice focuses on corporate finance transactions, including public offerings, private placements, and mergers and acquisitions across a variety of industries.
Zohar acts for companies looking to access Canadian capital market opportunities. He guides clients through domestic and cross-border public and private financings as well as listings on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the TSX Venture Exchange. Zohar also advises public companies on corporate and securities law matters, including continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance, and regulatory compliance.
With a depth of securities law and business experience gained as both external and internal legal counsel to a range of capital market participants, Zohar enjoys partnering with his clients to achieve their goals, while providing practical and efficient legal advice.
Beyond business transactions and the stock market, Zohar enjoys a competitive game of tennis and exploring Ontario with his wife and daughter.
- Tribe Property Technologies Inc. Closes Oversubscribed $21 Million Private Placement Offering with Strategic Investment from Round13 Growth Fund: Acted for a syndicate of agents co-led by Stifel GMP and Cormark Securities Inc. and including Laurentian Bank Securities, Eight Capital, and PI Financial Corp., in connection with an oversubscribed $21 million private placement offering of units of Tribe Property Technologies Inc. (TSXV:TRBE) (OTCQB:TRPTF), a property technology company that is digitizing the traditional property management industry. Media release: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/tribe-property-technologies-closes-oversubscribed-brokered-financing-of-21-million-with-strategic-investment-from-round13-growth-fund-864349815.html
- Immutable Holdings Inc. Closes Oversubscribed $15 Million Private Placement Offering: Acted for a syndicate of agents led by Stifel GMP, and including Canaccord Genuity Corp., Eight Capital, Gravitas Securities Inc., Paradigm Capital Inc., and Beacon Securities Limited, in connection with an oversubscribed $15 million private placement offering of units of Immutable Holdings Inc. (NEO: HOLD), a Blockchain holding company. Media release: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2022/01/01/2359775/0/en/Immutable-Holdings-Announces-Closing-of-Second-Tranche-of-Upsized-Private-Placement-for-Total-Gross-Proceeds-of-Approximately-15-04-Million.html
- Assure Holdings Corp. closes US$4.75 million Private Placement: Acted for Assure Holdings Corp. (TSXV: IOM; NASDAQ: IONM), a provider of intraoperative neuromonitoring services, in closing a brokered private placement of common shares at a price of US$5.25 per common share for gross proceeds of approximately US$4.75 million (the "Offering"). The Benchmark Company, LLC, a leading healthcare-focused US investment bank, acted as placement agent in connection with the Offering. Media release: https://ir.assureneuromonitoring.com/news-events/press-releases/detail/159/assure-holdings-announces-closing-4-75-million-private
- Immutable Holdings Inc. completes Reverse Takeover, $6.7 million Brokered Private Placement, and lists on the NEO Exchange: Acted for a syndicate of agents led by Stifel GMP and including, Haywood Securities Inc., Richardson Wealth Limited and PI Financial Corp. in connection with Immutable Holdings Inc.’s (NEO Stock Exchange Canada: HOLD) reverse takeover transaction and concurrent brokered private placement offering of subscription receipts for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $6.7 million. Media release: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/immutable-holdings-inc-lists-on-the-neo-stock-exchange-bringing-a-portfolio-of-breakout-blockchain-businesses-like-nftcom-to-public-markets-301386474.html
- BuildDirect.com Technologies Inc. - Private Placement, Reverse Take-over, and TSX-V Listing: Acted for BuildDirect.com Technologies Inc. (formerly VLCTY Capital Inc.) (TSXV: BILD), an innovative marketplace for purchasing and selling building materials online, in closing its reverse take-over and commencing trading on the TSX Venture Exchange. Prior to the reverse take-over, BuildDirect.com completed a brokered subscription receipt financing for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $20 million co-led by CIBC World Markets Inc. and Canaccord Genuity Corp. Media release: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/builddirect-com-technologies-inc-announces-closing-of-qualifying-transaction-808970841.html
- FansUnite closes $24.8 million public offering: Acted for Stifel Nicolaus Canada Inc. and Gravitas Securities Inc., the co-lead Agents, as FansUnite Entertainment Inc. (CSE: FANS), a technology company providing leading online gaming solutions, closed a public offering for gross proceeds of $24,792,390, including a partial exercise of the over-allotment option. A short form prospectus was filed with the securities commissions in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. Media release: https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/90343/FansUnite-Entertainment-Closes-24792390-Public-Offering-of-Units-Including-a-Partial-Exercise-of-the-OverAllotment-Option-CoLed-by-Stifel-GMP-and-Gravitas-Securities
- Carbone Restaurant Group Ltd. closes $2.5 million brokered private placement of Units: Acted for Gravitas Securities Inc., the lead Agent,in connection with a $2.5 million private placement offering of units of Carbone Restaurant Group Ltd., a leading Winnipeg-based omni-channel franchise restaurant group. Media release: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/carbone-restaurant-group-readies-for-explosive-growth-803557506.html
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Ontario
- Law Society of British Columbia