Wills and Estates Group
The Wills and Estates Group provides a full range of sophisticated legal and planning advice. We focus on both long-term estate planning requirements as well as ongoing family-related concerns. Services include the preparation of wills and powers of attorney and the creation of trusts to facilitate estate-planning endeavors.
The Group offers in-depth advice to individual clients as well as to trust companies on a range of legal issues, including the interpretation and enforceability of wills and trust arrangements, the rights of beneficiaries, the duties of executors and trustees, and mental incapacity issues.
Key service areas provided by members of the Wills and Estates Group include:
- Advising clients in all aspects of tax estate, trust, probate and family and personal planning
- Advising on all aspects of estate planning and administration
- Preparation of powers of attorney, wills, trust agreements, personal contracts and shareholders’ agreements
- Resolution of disputes involving trusts, wills and estates
- Succession planning for owners of independent businesses