Alex is an Associate in our Business Law Group. His practice primarily focuses on corporate transactions, including starting a business, private placements, mergers and acquisitions, and public offerings. Alex also assists clients with drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and business structures.
Having started his first business at 18, Alex leverages his experience as an entrepreneur when advising his clients on their growth and expansion plans.
Alex’s current passion is the development of blockchain technology and business applications. In this respect, he advises his clients on applicable securities, anti-money laundering, and anti-terrorism financing regulations.
- GTEC Holdings Ltd. - GTEC Holdings Ltd. closes $12.5 million Offering led by Sprott Capital Partners LP : Acted for GTEC Holdings Ltd., (TSXV: GTEC), a leading publicly listed cannabis company holding cultivation, extraction, and analytical testing licenses throughout Canada, that closed the second tranche of an up to $12.5 million private placement offering led by Sprott Capital Partners LP. As part of the second tranche, GTEC issued 11,582,869 units (each a “Unit” and together, the Units”) at a price of $0.55 per Unit for gross proceeds of $6,370,577.95. The Company closed the first tranche of the private placement on February 28, 2019 by issuing 11,126,753 Units of the Company for gross proceeds of $6,119,714.15. In total, the Company has issued 22,709,622 Units for gross proceeds of $12,490,292 through the first and second tranches.
- GTEC Holdings Ltd. - $6.1 million First Tranche Closing led by Sprott Capital Partners LP: Acted for GTEC Holdings Ltd., (TSXV: GTEC), a leading publicly listed cannabis company holding cultivation, extraction, and analytical testing licenses throughout Canada, that closed the first tranche of an up to $8 million private placement offering led by Sprott Capital Partners LP. As part of the first tranche, GTEC issued 11,126,753 units (each a “Unit” and together, the Units”) at a price of $0.55 per Unit for gross proceeds of $6,119,714.
- Aura Health - Closing of First Tranche of up to $7 million Brokered Private Placement: Acted for Aura Health Inc. (CSE: BUZZ), a publicly listed company building an international network of cannabis assets, that closed a first tranche of an up to $7 million brokered private placement offering led by Mackie Research Capital Corporation with a syndicate consisting of Haywood Securities Inc., PI Financial Corp., and Foundation Markets Inc. As part of the first tranche of the private placement, Aura issued 8,726,954 subscription receipts at a price of $0.22 per subscription receipt. The offering is being completed in connection with the proposed acquisition of an 80% equity interest in Pharmadrug Production GmbH, a German-based cannabis company.
- Eguana Technologies Inc. - Doughty Hanson Invests $3 million in Eguana Technologies Inc.: Acted for Eguana Technologies Inc.(TSXV: EGT), a publicly listed world leader in design and manufacturing of high performance residential and commercial energy storage systems, that issued 300,000 newly created Series A First Preferred Shares (the “Series A Shares”) at $10.00 per share for aggregate gross proceeds of $3 million. The Series A Shares were purchased by Eguana’s largest shareholder, DHCT II Luxembourg SARL, an investment vehicle of funds managed by Doughty Hanson & Co Managers Limited.
- Aura Health - Private Placement Offering: Acted for Aura Health Inc.(CSE: BUZZ), a publicly listed company building an international network of cannabis assets, as it issued 11,493,999 units (each a “Unit” and together, the “Units”) at a price of $0.15 per unit for gross proceeds of approximately $1.7 million. Each Unit consisted of one common share in Aura and one-half of one common share purchase warrant, exercisable at $0.25 for a period of 24 months from the date of issuance. The net proceeds of the private placement will be used to further the Company’s involvement in two strategic assets in Israel.
- Isodiol International Inc. announces closing of $6 million Private Placement: Acted for the Financial Advisors as Isodiol International Inc.(the “Company”) (CSE: ISOL), a public listed nutritionally focused company, closed a private placement of $6 million convertible debentures (the “Offering”). In connection with the Offering, Haywood Securities Inc. and Clarus Securities Inc. acted as financial advisors to the Company (the “Financial Advisors”).
- Enthusiast Gaming - Closes Oversubscribed Private Placement of Convertible Debentures: Acted for Enthusiast Gaming Holdings Inc.(TSXV: EGLX), a publicly listed digital media company building the largest community of authentic games, in its completion of its oversubscribed, non-brokered private placement of convertible debenture units for total gross proceeds of $9 million. Canaccord Genuity Corp. acted as advisors to the Company with respect to the Offering.