In response to the economic upheaval that continues to affect the Canadian business community, Minden Gross LLP has created a team of lawyers from disciplines across the firm, including real estate, commercial leasing, mergers and acquisitions, financial services, bankruptcy and insolvency, and tax to advise and steer our clients through the troubled economic waters.
Working proactively, the team is monitoring developments as they emerge, and developing strategies to assist our clients in:
- Proactively assessing their tax position
- Identifying and implementing cost savings strategies
- Identifying and implementing debt and/or business restructuring plans and alternative finance opportunities
- Creating strategies to defend against external threats
- Structuring strategies to achieve buying opportunities
- Auditing debt and credit management procedures
- Developing strategies to respond to the tightening credit market
We represent clients in numerous industries including construction, financial services, manufacturing, professional services, retail services and real estate. Our business and industry knowledge enables us to offer value added counsel and service including:
- Business restructuring
- Financial restructuring, tax planning including loss monetization, tax-structured default strategies and refreezes
- Property leasing and related issues including renegotiating leases, and lease workouts
For further information, please contact Raymond M. Slattery or Kenneth L. Kallish.