Financial institutions, financial service providers, and their clients operate in highly-competitive and fast-paced environments. They require legal counsel that can provide reliable and practical advice on a real-time basis to assist in navigating the increasingly complex legal landscape.
Headed by Timothy R. Dunn, the Minden Gross LLP Financial Services Group comprises a multi-disciplinary team of innovative business lawyers who are recognized for their depth of expertise and responsiveness in a sophisticated and demanding financial marketplace.
With an in-depth understanding of the competitive regional, national, and international financial services sector, our team offers extensive experience and a comprehensive range of services that includes:
- Asset-based lending
- Corporate restructuring
- Cross-border and domestic transactions
- Crisis management
- Distressed mergers and acquisitions
- Equipment leasing
- Employment and labour issues
- Insolvency and debt restructuring
- Insolvency litigation
- Negotiating loans and security agreements
- Project finance
- Property leasing
- Real estate lending and leasing
- Reputational risk management
- Secured creditor rights and loan enforcement
- Senior secured and unsecured lending
- Sub-debt, mezzanine, and second lien lending
- Syndicated and joint venture transactions
- Tax structuring and efficiency transactions
Our team leverages international reach through our global Meritas network to provide our clients with practical and legal insight into the complex legislation and regulatory requirements of cross-border and inter-provincial transactions. The structure of this group facilitates efficient and integrated service delivery with the goal of providing seamless, effective, and innovative advice to our clients in multiple jurisdictions.