The Hospitality Group advises owners, managers, franchisors, developers, and lenders with respect to hotels and other hospitality and leisure businesses in Canada.
We provide services as varied and complex as the industry itself. Our clients have access to lawyers from all of our practice areas with experience in the hospitality industry. We work with franchisors, tenants, major hotel companies, and boutique brands on issues related to financing, developing, leasing, acquiring, or divesting properties or projects. We also negotiate agreements and licenses related to operations and management.
A sample of our services include:
- Financing and development of hotels and related projects
- Structuring and assisting in acquiring and divesting of properties (including joint ventures or partnership structures)
- Negotiating new and restructuring old management and operational agreements
- Structuring and negotiating single and portfolio hotel transactions
- Negotiating and working with hotel franchisors
- Creating leasing structures with tenant operating entities
- Arranging for liquor licenses and approval
- Managing client brands and trademarks
- Hotels, both franchise and independently-owned, from high-end boutique hotels to large airport/business-oriented hotels
- Extended stay condominium hotels, apartment hotels, and fractional and shared ownership schemes
- Leisure operations, including golf courses, wineries, health and fitness facilities, cinemas, and nightclubs